You will love me forever for showing you just how simple it is to make roasted garlic .. and it can be used in so many things. This easy recipe shows you how to roast garlic, which can be then used in many of the recipes here at Veganologie or just spread on toast or on top of potatoes.
- 6 heads garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt (optional)
- Peel most of the papery outsides off the heads of garlic but leave them intact.
- Cut the very tops off of the heads with a sharp knife and place in a baking dish.
- Drizzle the tops of each with a little olive oil and a sprinkle of salt, if desired.
- Cover the baking dish with tin foil and bake at 425 degrees for about an hour until soft.
- To use, squeeze the garlic cloves out of the husks. Store any leftovers in an air tight container in the refrigerator for up to three days.