This is seriously the Best Vegan Cheeseburger Dip recipe. Based on the French’s Mustard Best Cheeseburger Dip recipe, it will delight any vegan and overcome the reservations of even the most stubborn omnivore. Mmm, cheeseburgers. Mustardy, cheesey, gooey, cheeseburgers.
Need a dish for a party or holiday? This is it. I guarantee it. Bring this and you, yes you, will be the most popular person at the party. No really, I swear. It’s that good. Not only is it super good, it’s super easy, too, and uses just ten simple ingredients.
The hamburger is replaced in this recipe with cooked rice and cooked lentils. I use the rice/lentils blend for all sorts of recipes love how it resembles the taste and texture of something, “meaty,” but also has its own thing going on. I make larger batches and keep some on hand for recipes like this. Use vegan versions of the sour cream and mayo.
Oh, and speaking of the sour cream, try this Easy Vegan Sour Cream recipe. It works really well in this recipe, and just about any other.
Mmm, I’m almost tempted to become a football fan l just so I can bring this a Superbowl party.
- 1½ cups cooked lentils
- 1 teaspoon slat
- 8 oz vegan sour cream
- ¼ cup vegan mayo
- ¼ cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons pickle relish
- ½ cup shredded vegan cheese
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- In a skillet, fry the cooked rice, cooked lentils, and salt until slightly browned.
- In a bowl, combine the rice and lentils mixture with the remaining ingredients and stir well until fully mixed.
- Spoon into an 8 in cast iron skillet or a suitable baking dish and spread evenly.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 1 minutes, until lightly browned on top and the cheese is melted.
- Garnish with tomatoes and onions and your favorite cheeseburger toppings, if desired.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
And here’s a sexy video version of the Best VEGAN Cheeseburger Dip …